Monday, December 12, 2005

It begins!

This blog will record my journey to get baptized by the most powerful prophet Israel has ever seen, John the Baptist. As you can imagine I am very excited to be undertaking such an adventure! I know a lot of people have heard about John, but not everybody can make the journey to go see him. Let me tell you a little about what I plan to do about that.

Even though we live in first century Israel, I hope you can accept this little anachronism: I will blog my trip. I'll post about it as I go, so folks at home and other curious people can keep up to date on what it's like out in the wilderness.

A little about me, for you who are just checking in online: I come from Rumah, the old city of Jehoiakim's grandfather, Pedediah. We're a town in the foothills west of the Sea of Galilee. It should take me about five days to make the walk South and East to the Jordan, where I've heard John is baptizing.

I also have a betrothed. Leah will be along, too--she was actually the first to hear about John and what he was doing. Here is a picture of the two of us after hard day gleaning:

Where do you come from? Say something about yourself as we start the journey.